Thursday, March 09, 2006

I'm getting FAT!



Another reason why it's good to eat out in Hong Kong is the presence of Fat Angelo's Restaurant. This place feels like a hybrid of Italianni's, Friday's, Denny's with a sprinkling of my Tito's very own Los Caracoles. My former colleague introduced me to Fat Angelo's a few years ago, and this lunch time was the first time i've been back in years!

It's good to know that while the country changes every so often, this restaurant was able to keep its food and ambience consistent through the years. The Chicken Parmesan is as cheezy as ever, the Calamari is still tender and the tomato sauce is equally flavorful, and the Vodka Penne still makes my taste buds do the dance of joy.

Fat Angelo's has excellent complimentary bread, too, and it's so much better than what Italianni's serves in Manila. Theirs is this huge, crusty bun that's so soft inside! Dipped in the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and parmesan cheese combo, heck, it's good enough for a meal. Add the free salad, and it's reason enough to visit every so often. Plus, i'm getting the hang of HK's "make your own iced lemon tea" tradition, and this'll make it difficult for me to return to Nestea back home.

As expected, our Fat Angelo's lunch is extremely fillling. We had 2 kinds of pasta, chicken and calamari, aside from the bread and salad. If we didn't catch a cab going back to the office, i'd probably roll my way back.

I'm going to bring Ninette and Tita to this place when they visit HK this weekend!

No comments: