Monday, July 11, 2005

Missing Munchies Mystery

Somebody from the hotel has been filching my stash of munchies!

The first time it happened was a week ago. I left a half-full bag of Munchies (that divine concoction that has Doritos, Cheetos, Sun Chips and Rold Gold in one bag) on my hotel table in the morning. When I came back at night, it was all gone!

That time, the first thing that came to my mind was: "maybe they thought I was going to discard it, the bag being crumpled and all." Given that scenario, I let the whole thing pass.

Today, I went back to the hotel during lunchtime to catch Oprah while enjoying my McDonald's take-out. Lo and behold, when I got back in the room, my new bag of Cheetos Twisted was gone.

It was an entire, unopened bag of cheetos twisted.

(I need to say this more empathically...)

IT WAS AN ENTIRE, UNOPENED BAG OF CHEETOS TWISTED!

It was gone. Nowhere to be found. Zilch! Kaput! Magically vanished!

Of course, no one could have gotten that except the folks who were cleaning my room. Maybe they had a snack attack and chose to steal my bag of Cheetos to ward off their craving. Somewhere in that hotel, somebody is eating my NEW BAG OF CHEETOS TWISTED.

What's strange is that my mp3 player and digital camera are still there. Which leads me to conclude that one of the hotel employees was a small time snack thief.

I was contemplating on complaining to the front desk officer. But I got a-thinkin'...

If I complain, the person cleaning my room will probably get reprimanded and might probably lose her job. She's going to lose her livelihood over a HK$17.00 bag of Cheetos Twisted. But if I don't complain, she might do it all over again.

I decided not to complain. I wouldn't want to ruin that person's life over a bag of snacks. Eventhough it isn't just an ordinary bag of snacks, they're A BRAND NEW BAG OF CHEETOS TWISTED! Those heavenly, oversized corn curls with divine cheese powder.

Oh well, it's off to Wellcome to buy a new bag later...

No comments: