Saturday, July 09, 2005

Drop it!

Presenting my first embarrasing moment here in Hong Kong.

drumroll please....

I was on my way back to the hotel and exited Fortress Hill station. The "green man" in the stoplight was flashing, and that meant I only had about 30 seconds to cross. So like a chicken who saw a man with a big cleaver, I ran! And ran as fast as I can.

When I got to the middle of the street, it happened...

My pants fell. Yes, MY PANTS FELL!

MY PANTS FELL!
MY PANTS FELL!
MY PANTS FELL!

I guess that pretty much sums up the gravity of the situation I was in last night.

Thankfully, it didn't fall all the way down to my ankles, but it went low enough to reach the middle of my upper thigh. So while it wasn't THAT bad, it wasn't THAT good either.

That's what I get for not listening to John. You see, we were together when I was buying this pair of jeans I'm wearing now. It's this funky pair of Tough Jeans with a 3D cut and a fabulous finish. Anyway, I tried on the size 30 and it fit pretty well, and John concurred. But since I love wearing jeans that go down up to the 2nd hip, I chose to buy the one that's a size bigger (do that math, and that's 31.)

Honestly, the size 31 fit really well when I tried it on that night, but after 2 days, it did feel a tad bit loose. But hey, i love it that way. I was never a waist person. I'm forever partial to hipster jeans. And if the side effect of wearing them is occasionally flashing some Hong Kong motorists, so be it. Hehehe.

It's a good thing I was wearing a decent pair of underwear today. If I chose to wore that green, summery, floral printed pair that I bought from Bench, now THAT would be quite a scene.

No comments: