Thursday, July 14, 2005

Cherry Crazy

Nope, this isn't about the recent "Cerise" collection by Louis Vuitton. Though I must say, it's one of the better designs they've come up with. Much better than the Murakami bag which looks a tad bit too fake. (Even the original one looks like a knock-off.) Oh well, i'm not into LV anyway.

I'm talking about real cherries. The "freshly-picked-from-the-tree" kind.

Since i've discovered that neighborhood fruit stand that sells fresh cherries, I've been like a rat drawn by the Pied Piper. I find myself walking towards that stall, pretty much like a zombie, and buying a pound of cherries. They have a new batch, a bit more expensive than what I usually buy, but it's much bigger and juicier. Needless to say, it's worth the extra $8.

Now, whenever I don't feel like eating a full meal, I substitute a pound of cherries for that meal. Sometimes, I have half a pound of cherries for lunch. And what do i wash it down with? Dark Cherry Snapple. (Only available at City Super, unfortunately.)

If my color turns dark red anytime soon, I'd take that as a sign that I should lay low from Cherry living.

No comments: