Saturday, July 16, 2005

I'm only human...

...of flesh and blood I'm made. I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

A week after my self-imposed moratorium on jeans, I walked away with another pair today. It was one of the two pairs that I fell in love with last April. Pair A was a straight cut denim, and the color was a bit blue greenish. The waist area and belt loops were a bit thicker than usual, and it was a low-rise pair so it fell beautifully on the hips. Pair B was a dark denim pair with bleach splotches, some distressed details, and the hem was a bit frayed. But what bowled me over was its off center construction. The button and zipper were about 4 inches off center. That made for an awesome fit and unlimited possibilities for conversation.

Since my luggage could only accomodate 1 pair, I chose pair B which had more of the mock-shock, fashionista value. But as I left K2, my heart was longing for pair A.

This afternoon, I dropped by the K2 outlet in Park Lane. That's where I saw pair A again. It was like a reunion of long, lost lovers. My hand instinctively took it off the rack and looked at it again. Then, by some strange force, a wind blew on the tag and flipped it. The magic word was written on the tag:

50% off

Yes, pair A was not only there, it was half the original price. Not wasting any time, I tried it on again, and the fit was still as perfect like it was 3 months ago. After looking at it in the mirror, I knew, this was a match that was meant to be.

Too bad pair B is in Manila now. When I go back, i'll surprise pair B with pair A. It'll be a great reunion for the 2 pairs of K2 jeans. And i'll be watching as this real life drama unfolds.

Cue in artificial crowd gush: Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Long live Fashion Community Kitterick!

No comments: