Saturday, July 28, 2012

Singular and Floral

The chatty and irritating sales ladies at SM did not deter me from soldiering on and buying the items I was checking out intently. I was single-minded in my goal to get the ensemble because I found it fashionably cute and refreshingly chic.

Here's the ensemble. A casual garden of delights that will go everywhere - from a relaxed day at work to a Saturday at the mall to a Sunday get together.


The top is a soft, chambray polo shirt with folded sleeves. It reminds me of those classic Ralph Lauren shirts, albeit a bit softer.


Both collar and pocket have the same floral motif. It's a dainty pattern with small English roses and ivy leaves.


It's similar to the look and feel of the pants. The first time I saw this pair from afar, it called to me. It said: "Can't you see how cute I am? Buy me! Take me home!" And needless to say, I heeded the pants' call. Harhar.


Patterned pants are still very much in style these days, and the dainty rose and ivy leaves print echoes the one on the pocket of the polo shirt. It's the concept that ties the two items together.


When you have an ensemble this dainty, the footwear to go with it is something more substantial and slightly chunkier. And that's what I found at The Landmark. This pair of platforms in green and khaki - colors that are also found on the prints of the whole ensemble.


Honestly, this pair wasn't part of the plan. It just so happened that I passed through The Landmark and spotted it. While I was checking it out, another girl stood beside me and checked out the pink version of this same shoe. The girl was a foreigner - an Australian, if I use her accent as an indicator. 

She tried on the shoes and exclaimed - yes, she exclaimed - to her companion: "Wow! These shoes are so comfy! I can run in these!"


And those words sealed the deal. At first, I was wondering whether I should get the pink or the green. But I opted for this pair because there might be too many pink elements in the entire outfit. A green pair of shoes is the perfect foil to all the daintiness up on top.

It's really amazing what department stores sell these days. And it's amazing how a look like this can be conjured up in a few hours.

No comments: