Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Oh my Maman

Even though I've been to Japan several times, I haven't really explored Tokyo that much since most of my time was spent in the "province." And if ever I'm in Tokyo, my time would be limited. So, I'd end up going to the places that I'm very familiar with: Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ueno and Akihabara.

Now that Mark is in Tokyo, I was finally able to spend time really exploring the city. There's Odaiba, Omotesando, and Roppongi.

While we were going around Roppongi Hills, Mark introduced me to its most famous resident, Maman. 


Yes, Maman is a giant spider sculpture who resides in front of one of the high end malls in that area. Because of her size, Maman is a very intimidating figure. But the way, I'm assuming Maman is a she because she has little spider eggs in her belly. That's what I'm pointing to in this photo.

I'm assuming that Maman is to Roppongi what Hachiko is to Shinjuku. A sculpture that people take time out to visit, marvel at, and be photographed with.

And finally, I've had my time with Maman as well.

No comments: