Monday, July 16, 2012

LFLTAT: Geek chic

Last weekend, I received an SMS from Ate Bullet asking for suggestions for an upcoming party she's attending. According to her, the theme was "Cutie Pie Bow Tie," and she asked me what would be a nice thing to wear.

Immediately, I thought of Pee Wee Herman. He made being a geek look so chic, so that look became my peg as I put together an outfit for her. But I didn't want it to look like a costume or something that's so literal. The look had to use pieces that she can wear again for daily wear.

So, it was off to The Landmark because it's the best place to get nice, trendy pieces for less.

And here's the look that I showed her:


The top is a mustard colored chiffon shirt that's very on-trend. It's sheer, has a mullet hem, and with rolled up sleeves. This style is actually seen on a lot of young fashionistas of late. And to add a zing to it, the bow tie comes in a brown leopard print.


Options, options, I always say. So, I came up with another outfit of the same style, but in a different color scheme. 


This one has a royal blue chiffon blouse with a grape colored tie with small squares as design.


Since I got this at The Landmark, the total cost of the 2 outfits was P900.00. Not bad for two blouses and two bow ties. All that she needs to complete the look are boyfriend jeans or chino shorts, and she's good to go.

When I asked her what she ended up wearing, she showed me these photos. She gravitated towards the mustard and brown combination, and she took my suggestion and wore her son's geeky glasses. 



See, geek can definitely be chic.

No comments: