Monday, July 30, 2012

Meals with Mark: Think king

Time for another food flashback from my recent trip to Tokyo.

Among the few fast food places we ate at was Burger King near the Roponggi Subway Station. We actually ate there out of necessity. Basically, we were pressed for time and needed to eat in 30 minutes tops. If memory serves me right, we had to rush to Akihabara where we were supposed to meet up with  Grace and Rick.

One reason why I like Burger King in Japan is that they have items on their menu that we don't find here in Manila.


The green drink is Melon Soda, a beverage that's very popular in Japan but hasn't found itself on to our shores. The drink on top of it is Calpis Soda which is Mark's favorite drink. It's a cross between milk and soda and is pretty refreshing.

I also ordered the Buffalo Wing Sandwich, another item which I wish they'd bring in Manila. It's really, really good. There's boneless chicken breast, smothered in tangy buffalo wing sauce, then drizzled with sour cream. It's the first time I've tried Buffalo Wings on a sandwich, and I like it.

Looking at the photos again after a few weeks, I can't help but think how great that sandwich was. 

Burger King Philippines, please bring the Buffalo Wing Chicken sandwich here!

No comments: