Friday, July 06, 2012

FMM: The slip

Time really does fly when you're having fun. Especially when you're having so much fun.

It's hard to imagine that I've been in Tokyo for 2 weeks, and now I'm on my way back to Manila. It feels like time gave me the slip.

It was two weeks of going around the city with Mark - rediscovering our old haunts and discovering new ones.

Of meeting old friends in a new city, courtesy of Grace and Rick.
Of meeting new friends - particularly Mark's friends at GRIPS who were very welcoming.
Of trying new adventures - specifically the Onsen.
Of so many things - both big and small - that made this trip a wonderful homecoming.

And before I slip into the plane, I'll cap off this visit with the Japanese song which Mark and I would randomly sing. Shonen Knife's "Banana Chips." Which is quite apt since we're talking about giving the slip:



Next time, I wish time would be slower like molasses rather than quick and slippery like a banana peel.

No comments: