Thursday, July 26, 2012

Of service and sarcasm

On my way to Shash's office, I passed by SM Department Store in Makati and decided to browse for a bit.

There were a few pieces that caught my eye, so I stopped to check them out. While I was doing this, there were 2 salesladies who were chatting away, unmindful of a customer checking out the merchandise.

I began scouring the racks, checking out shirts and jeans. Normally, at this point, the saleslady would come to assist me. They'd usually ask what size, who is it for, what other colors are available, and what not. But no, the 2 salesladies continued on with their conversation about boys and what he texted her and so on and so forth.

Seriously, I was there for about 20 minutes and they just stood there, talking to each other.

Finally, one of the ladies took a break from listening to her friend and looked at me as I was reaching for a pair of jeans. She stood around 10 feet away from me, and from where she was, asked me:

SALESLADY: Ano po yon?

Mind you, she didn't even make an effort to come near me. She asked the question while still standing in front of the other saleslady who was yapping away. Miffed by their lack of customer service orientation, I gathered all my sarcasm and said:

ME: Huwag na miss, mukhang busing-busy kayong dalawa diyan.

To which the saleslady answered:

SALESLADY: Ah, okay.

Then, she proceeded to continue her conversation, still not moving from where she stood.

Gosh! Someone should teach these ladies the concept of customer service. Or just plain good manners for that matter.

No comments: