Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sampalook!

Way back then when we were kids and living in Tomas Morato, our house had a big sampaloc tree in the living room. We were told that it was more than a hundred years old and haunted. Our grandparents' Majordoma would often tell us tales of seeing spirits and severed heads in that area.

Because we had that sampaloc tree, we had a favorite prank that we'd play on our neighbors. Whenever we'd be playing outside the house or in the garage, this conversation would ensue:

ME: Gusto mo ng sampaloc?
PLAYMATE: Sige!
ME: (slaps playmate on the cheek then points behind him)
PLAYMATE: Ano 'yon?
ME: Sampal. Look!
*insert canned laughter here*

Ah yes, the good old days when life was simple and slapstick was even simpler. Harhar.

And this sampaloc flashback was brought to you by the sampaloc candy that I'm currently addicted to.


This is similar to the Bangkok tamarind candies that you can buy at MBK. The ones that cost B100 for a pack of three. This is also imported from Thailand but it isn't as spicy as the ones in the souvenir shops. I think I've almost finished the stocks of this product at Daily Supermarket. What can I say? It's so addicting! 


I think I'm consuming half a pack of these a day! Someone stop me!

Slap me if need be.

No comments: