Saturday, October 15, 2011

Unexpected find

I usually drop by the Book Sale branch in Cubao to check out back issues of magazines. Particularly the InStyle issues that I might have missed. (Which is quite rare.)

But on today's visit, I found a book that pleasantly surprised me. Mainly because it's something I didn't expect to find at Book Sale. In Cubao, no less.



It was a book on Marchesa Casati - the famous socialite who inspired Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig to create their clothing line "Marchesa." It would be interesting to read about the life and times of this woman ahead of her time.

I didn't buy the book yet, though. Actually, I'm on the fence about it. I'll give it a few days, and if I still find it there, then it's a sign that it's waiting for me. (Then again, a book about Marchesa in Cubao? Of course it'll still be there. Harhar.)

No comments: