Saturday, October 08, 2011

Free tea boy

While was queueing at Cha Time, the guy in front of me got his orders and made a mad dash out of the stall. It was when he was a few feet away that I noticed that he dropped some money on the floor. It was a small roll of P100 bills, and rolled under the counter.

Instinctively, I grabbed the bills and ran after the guy. He must've been in a rush (maybe he was off to catch a movie) since he was already near the escalator in less than a minute. But I did catch him, tapped him on the shoulder, and gave him his cash.

I went back to the counter and completed my order. And just as I was about to pay, the same guy popped in and told me that he would buy me tea as a sign of his gratitude.

And that's how I got a large cup of Taiwan Plum Ice tea with rainbow jelly today.



(I seem to be picking up a lot of dropped things lately. Last Thursday, a girl dropped her mobile phone in front of Rona's office and I had to make a mad dash to return it to her, too.)

No comments: