Monday, October 24, 2011

Modern Mannequin

Since I'm on a window display streak, let me talk about the star of the window display - the mannequin. Another thing I like about shop windows in HKG is the fact that they use a variety of mannequins. Some stores use mannequins that are very lifelike. Others look very industrial. While others look very conceptual.

One thing is for sure, though. You won't see those retro, scary mannequins with painted faces such as this.



A few years back, this was the mannequin du jour in many Philippine shops. Yes, they would even paint the lips blood red. And it freaked me out because it reminded me of "Marsha" from "Twilight Zone."

Zara has nice mannequins this season. When I dropped by their Harbour City store, the first thing that caught my eye was their window display. Aside from the interesting clothes, I found their mannequins equally interesting.



The caricature-type faces remind me of Lanvin mannequins, particularly from last year. The exaggerated lashes and thick brows seem to be a nod to their look last year. The only thing missing was the quirky expression.



This pop of color set against the stark, white physique of the mannequin gives it a very modern look. And this just further strengthens the fact that when it comes to visual styling for retail, HKG really is ahead of its neighbors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your blog. Thanks for the wonderful post.

full body mannequins