Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Super Nova!

When it comes to snack items, URC and Oishi are definitely neck and neck. Both companies continue to surprise me with their new offerings, as well as delight me with their old ones. URC gave us the classics like Chippy, Chiz Curls, Nova, Tostillas, Piattos and - let's not forget - Potato Chips and V-Cut. Oishi, on the other hand, broke ground in the snack universe with such innovative products as Marty's Vegetarian Chicharon, Gourmet Potato Chips, (their Wasabi flavor rocks! \m/_) Sponge Crunch, Pillows, Bread Pan, Wafu, and - let's not forget - Oishi! Today, I dropped by Robinson's Supermarket in Galleria to buy Wafu, one of Oishi's latest products which I'm totally into. Unfortunately, it wasn't available there. Since Robinson's is URC territory, I looked for something else to satisfy my sweet and crunch craving. And it led me to this wonderful creation from Jack and Jill:
Nova Multigrain Cereal Bars! I tried both the Caramel and Fruit and Nut flavors, and I must say, the Fruit and Nut Nova bar is awesome! The right amount of sweetness and crunch. Filled with raisins and a distinct cinnamon flavor. The fact that it's "healthy" adds to the draw, and the fact that it's just P7.50 seals the deal. I see the makings of a Nova-ddiction coming along.

No comments: