Saturday, October 01, 2011

Time for Cha

A week after trying the champoy-tasting Taiwan Plum tea at Cha Time, I had a craving for a tall glass of tea once more. So, after my meeting at Galleria, I immediately hied off to their branch near the supermarket. It's a great place to get my Cha Time fix because the lines aren't as long as they are at The Landmark.



One thing I like about Cha Time is the little contraption they give you to signal whether your order is available for pick up. It's this black disc that vibrates to signal the availability. It's the same disc they use at the Cathay Pacific Lounge whenever you order noodles.



I eschewed the Taiwan Plum Tea today since I wasn't in the mood for champoy-tasting tea. Good thing they had a lot of tea options, so it was easy to find another beverage to order.



My choice for today? Grapefruit green tea with rainbow jelly. I love how light and fragrant the tea is, and the hint of grapefruit gives the floral taste a fruity kick. The rainbow jelly was nice and chewy, pretty much like hardened gulaman.



Among all the Taiwanese tea places sprouting in the metro, I like Cha Time because they have a lot of fruit tea flavors. (I'm not too much of a milk tea kind of guy.) But I still have to taste the Simple Line tea that Lezyl has been raving about. That's another tea adventure that I'm planning to take next time.

No comments: