Monday, October 13, 2008

U-belt

Wherever you go in Manila, you'll find someone wearing this belt. When I was meandering around Makati, a lot of the girls were wearing it. During my visit to Landmark, there were racks and racks of them. And just as I thought I'd be safe from it when I got home, I turn on the TV to watch the news and Mel Tiangco was also wearing it. Suddenly I feel that it's the female equivalent of the "checkered scarf."

Yes, this is "the season's ubiquitous belt." It's the garterized belt with two interlinked D-shaped ends. And as it turns out, it isn't only "in season" in the Philippines. It's big, even in China.



While leafing through Shanghai Tatler, one of the best dressed women in China was spotted wearing THE belt. How ubiquitous indeed.



Dang. Just when I thought I'd escaped the belt. But I'm looking on the brighter side. At least the "checkered scarf" trend isn't anywhere near China.

No comments: