Friday, October 03, 2008

Friday Magic Madness

Except maybe for Aqua Net and shoulder pads that make football players look like they have narrow shoulders, there's so much to love about the 80s. This decade had so much character - from music, movies, fashion -- everything. Even Aqua Net. And Charmis. Hahaha.

Back in college, I'd tune in to Magic 89.9 and wait for the clock to strike 12 and for Friday. Why? Because it's Friday Magic Madness! And they'd open the show with the song: "Thank god it's Friiii-daaayyy! Friiii-daaayyyy!" Then I'd study or do my projects with "Build me up, Buttercup" and "Take on me" in the background.

I haven't tuned in to Friday Magic Madness in ages. I'm not even sure if they're still airing that program. But regardless of whether they are or they aren't, I'm going to get into the "magic madness" spirit and listen to (and watch) some of my favorite ditties from the 80s. (Incidentally, MTV was founded during that decade. No wonder the videos back then were so, so, sooo cool!)

One of my favorite "where are they now?" artists - Appolonia Kotero! Gosh, I think only Erwin and I know this girl.



While watching "Video Hit Parade" and "America's Top 10 with Casey Kasem", I'd wish and wait for them to play SSQ. They had such a cool sound.





And yes, the godmother of 80s and the purveyor of big lips and even bigger hair, Tina Turner!



Yes! I just love the 80s! Now let me finish this post so I can look for A-ha's "Take on Me" on youtube.

No comments: