Monday, October 06, 2008

Candy-scoveries

Thanks to a day trip to Subic, as well as Mona's return from New York, I've discovered three new candies that got me on a sugar high. It's amazing what you find at Duty Free stores. (And the U.S., too.)

First is Chewy Spree. It's a tangy, chewy confection that tastes like a hybrid between Tart N'Tiny and Skittles. The outer shell is thin, crunchy and a bit sour. The inside is soft and chewy, and the citrus flavors balance out the sourness.



Now that I've mentioned Skittles, this brand has always been my favorite. And just as I thought they've run out of surprises, I find out that they now have a Chocolate Variant! They're actually good, but some of it is a bit Tootsie Roll-ish. Much as they're good, they still pale in comparison to my favorite Berry Variant.



Finally, M&Ms premium. After reading about it on InStyle, I immediately SMSed Mona and asked her to bring some home. She was able to get me a pack of their Raspberry Almond and Mint Chocolate variants. The packaging alone is delectable enough, and this is what's stopping me from opening them and start enjoying the contents.



Ah yes, the sweet life. Sugar rush, here I come.

No comments: