Friday, October 24, 2008

Coco Loco



Yesterday, Ate Bullet sent me a bag of Pan de Coco from their shop. It was a bag of around 8 to 10 pieces, and surprisingly, I finished them all.

Among all the different types of "neighborhood bakery bread" - including the ones with weird names like sputnik, putok, kababayan, and of course, pan de regla - pan de coco must be my hands down favorite. Even as a kid, it was my bread of choice whenever we'd go to the bakery in front of our house in Morato.

Now, they still have pan de coco in some bakeries like Julie's. But nothing compares to the one that Dexter's makes. What makes it great is the fact that there's more "coco" than "pan." Each bite guarantees a good helping of sweet, sticky coconut which melds perfectly with the soft, warm bread.

Ack! Just thinking about it is making me crave for more. Ate Bullet! Help!

3 comments:

NeiLDC said...

Hi there Lester, Advance Happy Birthday to you! its been 3 years in a row and hope everything will be fine. Hope to see you soon!! Bangkok love story. King and the clown are nice.....take care!

NeiLDC said...

Btw Lester can you check me if there i the movie Perhaps LOve starring Takeshi Kaneshiro therE? thanks

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Neil. Same to you, too. Will check out that DVD and let you know once I do.