Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Foxes and Tigers

With more and more shops opening at Greenbelt 5, it looks like it's shaping up to be the next shopping mecca in Manila.

First they opened the Filipino Zone, the area that sells aesthetically wonderful (and pricey) creations by Filipino designers. Then, they opened a number of uber high-end brands like IWC, Breitling and Panerai. Now, they're introducing a number of new brands.

Among these brands are Fox - a casual wear store which is something like Pull and Bear meets Next. The first time I encountered Fox was in Europe, and the last time was a few weeks ago in Shanghai. Though they have nice clothes, I find them a bit too casual for my taste.

Then there's my favorite Japanese brand, Onitsuka Tigers.



When they opened their first store in HKG, I remember how I spent an hour just roaming around and marveling at their selection of sneakers and jackets. Once, I was so psyched to buy a pair of Ninja-style sneakers, but they didn't have it in my size. Up to this moment, I'm hoping that they come out out with those sneakers again.

Who knows? Maybe they'll have them in Manila when they open. That said, I wish they open soon. Very, very soon.

No comments: