Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sous Saturday

Yesterday, we had the first official D' Frendz baby shower. Bonique is due in a month's time, so we all gathered at "Mona's Garden" to celebrate.

From 9:30am up, I played Sous Chef to Mona's Executive Chef. We huddled in her very spacious kitchen and cooked up an all-out-brunch-buffet. She cooked the difficult stuff like tapa, tocino, longganiza, danggit and scrambled eggs. I, on the other hand, cooked the "American goodies". There was chocolate chip pancakes, raisin pancakes and hazelnut french toast. The entire cooking experience brought me back to that time in IUJ when Mark and I cooked breakfast for the Pinoys.

Doing this all over again reminds me of how much I love cooking breakfast. Maybe I should change careers and just work for a nice Bed and Breakfast somewhere.

No comments: