Thursday, October 16, 2008

Missing Multiply and Shopping-free Shanghai

It's been more than a week since I've last opened my multiply site. I've had a number of photos I'd like to upload, but it looks like I have to wait until I leave Shanghai before that happens. While surfing the net, I also learned that they've blocked youtube, wordpress and other on-line journal sites. Strange.

Another strange - but very welcome - occurrence is this. After staying 10 days in Shanghai, I didn't shop for anything. Well, I did buy a hat and a sweater - more of a necessity rather than a whim. (The temperatures went down to 18.) Maybe it's because things here are more expensive. Uniqlo and H&M are pricier here than in Hong Kong. It might also be the fact that the shopping scene here isn't as exciting - even compared to Manila. They've got a number of big malls, but they're all boring and empty.

Then again, it might also be because I'm stopping over Hong Kong on my way back to Manila. Actually, I can't wait to go there. Not only do I get to access my multiply, I'll also be able to get some real shopping done.

No comments: