Monday, March 17, 2008

You know you've been watching too much ANTM when...

We were in the editing studio with the director who shot our latest commercial. After his usual preamble, he proceeded to show us his first edit. Overall, the commercial looked fine. The pace was just right, the message was clear and all the "deliverables" fit in that short span of time. But despite that, something was amiss.

I asked the editor to play the commercial 4 or 5 times, and that's when I was able to verbalize what was wrong:

"You know what, his smile doesn't reach his eyes. His lips curl upward, but it stops there - and that makes him look insincere."

A few seconds after muttering those lines, I felt like I was transported to the judging panel with:

Noted fashion photographer Nigel Barker.
Runway diva coach extraordinaire Ms. J. Alexander.
Fashion icon and living legend Twiggy.

I laughed and apologized for doing a Tyra on them. Then again, I had to say what I had to say because I wanted this commercial to be on top.

*insert ANTM theme song here*

No comments: