Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Seeing my neighbor inside the elevator, I knew that the Spring season has finally arrived. She was wearing this floral skirt that was flouncing all around, combined with a pink cardigan. All she needed was a straw hat and a picnic basket, and she could easily audition for a role in a karaoke video.

The weather outside is also much nicer now. The wind is cool and crisp, but the sun is out and bright. Days like this remind me of Barcelona, sitting at the plaza near Tita Evelyn's house, drinking tea and noshing on bread. A trip to Europe is really long overdue for me. I've been ignoring our Castilian relatives too long.

Now that the days are warmer, it's time to hide away the thick jackets, scarves and gloves. This weekend, I went to Stanley Market wearing cargo shorts and a cotton hoodie. Goodbye to my thick comforter and wool pajamas as well. Now I can go back to my habit of wearing boxers and a short sleeved t-shirt to bed. Hopefully in a few weeks, I can also give my water heater a rest.

There's also a lot of cleaning here at the office. By Friday, the office is going to move to a new building and I'm moving out as well. I've spent the past few days sorting out the big pile of papers and magazines in my office and dividing them into "Keep" and "Throw." For a change, I'm throwing more than I'm keeping.

Ah yes, Spring has arrived and it's the time to clean up and start anew. And that's what I exactly intend to do.

No comments: