Sunday, March 16, 2008

Corpus Sells

Being a fond jean wearer, I'm always on the look out for new brands. When Keat and I were still colleagues, I remember how we'd go to Seibu and Lane Crawford during lunchtime to check out the latest brands they've brought in. It was in these stores that we discovered Nudie Jeans, Acne Jeans, Tsubi and Sass and Bide.

Nowadays, my source of jean news would be magazines. Occasionally, GQ and Wallpaper would feature "indie brands" which would later become such a hit that it would lose its "indie-ness." One of the brands that caught my eye recently was a brand called "Corpus." This L.A. based brand makes jeans that's got a bit of punk and a bit of rock and roll. While going through their site recently, this particular pair of jeans caught my eye:



I like the fact that it's tapered, but not too skinny. The small pin tuck in front also adds a bit of attitude to the pair. Another good thing about this pair is the wide pockets - a blessing for people like me who have big wallets.



After lunch, I decided to swing by Lane Crawford since it's on the way to the bus station. I went straight to the denim section, and serendipitously, my Corpus jeans were there!



These are the exact same pair that I saw on the site and Lane Crawford carried them. I quickly tried on a pair and thank goodness they have my size.



Look, it even has the pin tucks that I like.



Good thing I passed by the store today, at least I can stop looking at the jeans on the website. (And there are 4 other good reasons for passing by the store, among them is Stella McCartney.)

No comments: