Friday, March 14, 2008

Then and Now

Ate Lissa has a bunch of old family pics in her site. I always get a big kick out of looking at snapshots from the past because I was too young to remember these moments. So looking at them is equivalent to taking a ride in a time machine and seeing how nice and groovy things were back then.

Here's Dad in a groovy "urban militia" outfit. Incidentally, people always tell me that I look like my Dad. He was probably around my age when this was taken and I therefore conclude that what they say is true.



Mom has always been a style maven ever since the 60s. Here she is with a big coif and equally huge shades! Hmmm... these are trends that were on the runway sometime last year.



I also like looking at these photos and comparing them with current ones. It's amazing how we've grown up, but haven't really changed that much.

We were in Scout Gandia with Tomas when this shot was taken. And I'm the one with my back against the camera:


Here we are a few decades later in Italianni's, still with Tomas. I made sure I was facing the camera this time:


Here's Ate Lissa and Ate Bullet in similar outfits when they were little girls:


And here's Ate Lissa and Ate Bullet in similar outfits now that they're big girls:


Gosh! All this reminiscing makes me want to go home, dig up our old albums and spend a day just looking back at the decades that passed. I remember we have a whole lot of albums back there, so it's going to be a whole lot of looking back.

No comments: