Saturday, March 29, 2008

Warmth Welcome

After almost a week in cold Shanghai, I'm back in the warm, tropical environs of HKG.

The weather in Shanghai was colder than I expected. When I checked on the net, it said that the temperature would be around 17 to 19 degrees. Maybe it was a mistake on the part of the encoder - or the weather decided to play games on us - but it was around 10 degrees during my entire trip. It didn't help that I packed light, and only brought light clothes. Heck, I even had to sleep wearing my jacket!

When I left this afternoon, it was cold and foggy. So foggy that I couldn't even see other side of the harbor, and only half of Shanghai IFC was visible. Add the fact that it was drizzling, and you've got the perfect recipe for a cold vacation.

As the plane was descending to HKG, the pilot said the magic words. "The weather in Hong Kong is a warm 26 degrees." At that point, I breathed a sigh of relief. I'm back! And in a few days, I'll be flying to Singapore.

Now it's time to brace for the heat.

No comments: