Friday, May 22, 2020

FMM: Turn it back to 15!

Let me "Turn back the Clock" a little bit. It's a Friday Magic Madness after all.



The first time I heard of blogging was through Arnie. She's a close-friend, creative-collaborator and co-writer, and she told me about this on-line journal where you can jot down your thoughts and keep them for future use. It was called "Blogger."

It was in the early 2000s when I first tried to blog. If memory serves me right, I was still with DY&R-Alcantara that time, our office was still in Vito Cruz, and I tried blogging on my rickety old Mac computer. After an entry, I forgot all about it.

Then, I tried it again, this time when I was with Y&R Manila, and our office was already in Wynsum Corporate Center in Ortigas. I tried blogging on a slightly upgraded Mac computer. After an entry, I forgot all about it.

Cut to 2005. I was now with Harrison Communications, and our office was in LKG Tower in Ayala Avenue. I was fairly new with that agency, and didn't have any projects assigned to me yet. So, out of boredom, I opened another blog. My third, actually, and wrote this first entry.


After that entry, thankfully, I didn't forget about it!

Now, it's 15 years since that fateful day, and I'm still blogging! Imagine that!

One of the reasons why this blog lasted as long as it did was the fact that 2005 was also the year that I moved from MNL to HKG for work. Since I was living alone in such a high-speed city, blogging was a way of having someone to "talk to", and slowing me down. That HKG life lasted for more than 3 years, and led to SHG, led to a job for a company on Guam, and led me back to MNL.

Needless to say, those 15 years were very colourful and eventful, which is why I was able to write consistently for all those years. Aside from jotting down those events that happened, those blog entries helped me look back and track what I've been doing, where I've been going, - and what I've been shopping for - for a decade and a half. Which is fun to read and look back at.

So, since my blog is now on its 15th year, let me celebrate it with another semi-Friday Magic Madness song. "Semi" because the song isn't that old yet (it's 12 years old) but is tres relevant and tres apt. Plus, it's a song that I also wrote about twice in this blog! Talk about a recurring theme (song)!



Hey blog! You're fifteen!

No comments: