Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Bling it on!

Or, “Things you find when you’re not looking for it. Part 4.”

The leftmost part of my closet is for clothes that I don’t use as much. That includes suits, leather jackets, winter jackets, Barong Tagalog, and the like.

While I was fixing that area last night, I found out that aside from those articles of clothing, there were other items there that wasn’t mine. They were my sister’s clothes! I think they were inadvertently placed there when my Ate Lissa was preparing to move to the US and sorting out what she’d bring and what she’d leave here.

Most of it were her designer dresses. But i’ll talk about that another time. What struck me among the lot was this very chic, and very blinged out dress.


I remember this dress. This was from River Island when the brand still had their stores in the Philippines. This is a neoprene dress in a refreshing pomelo color, all decked out in stones, gems, and paillettes, in colors both complementary and contrasting.


It’s a nice dress because it’s one of those designs that was “party on top, business on the bottom.” And yes, I remember this dress was on sale, around 80% off, which made it even more attractive.

Give the situation now, I don’t think my sister will wear this dress anytime soon. But it’s good to know that when there’s an occasion that needs a chic dress with a lot of bling, it’ll be right there, waiting.

No comments: