Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ultimate joy

It's actually quite strange. I really enjoy organizing surprises (much to the chagrin of Mark,) but I don't like getting surprises.

In the past few years, I've been successful in organizing a number of surprises. Among them were my parents' surprise 40th anniversary wedding, Dad's surprise 70th birthday party, Ate Lissa's surprise 40th birthday party, my surprise trips to Japan to surprise Mark, as well as the surprise birthday parties of Bonique and Rona.

So it comes as no surprise that one of my favorite shows on-line is yahoo's Ultimate Surprises. It's a wonderful program featuring real people getting real surprises that change their lives. Some lives change that moment, and some change for a lifetime. And for some, it's both!


(video courtesy of youtube.com)

I remember when I went to Tokyo last June for another surprise visit to Mark. We were looking for something to watch on the computer and I told him that I wanted to watch Ultimate Surprises. He just rolled his eyes and said: "Seriously. Ultimate Surprises?" Harhar.

Why am I not surprised at that reaction.

No comments: