Sunday, November 04, 2012

Fashion Accent

During the long weekend, I was finally able to watch my DVD of Project Runway season 9. It's been on my shelf for quite sometime, but it was only yesterday and today that I got to watch it.

While the designers for season 9 weren't as fashion forward or experimental as the previous seasons (I think the best seasons were 4 and 5 with Christian and LeAnn respectively), there was one thing about this batch that stood out.

Their accents. In particular, the accents of Anya and Olivier.


It was fun watching these two contestants talk because their accents were so distinct. Olivier had this strange European accent which sounded so rich and regal. It was odd because he was born in the US and raised in Taiwan, so this accent comes from left field. Yes, he did study fashion in Italy for a few years, but I'm not sure if that's where it came from.

Anya's Caribbean/Trini accent was also so endearing. I couldn't help but imagine her saying "ey, mon" with every sentence. 



After completing the entire season, it turns out that Anya won season 9 as well. So, it's not just her accent that's a winner. She is, too.

No comments: