Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bloody good humour

There's something about British humour that appeals to me.

Even as a kid, I'd watch British shows more than American or Filipino shows. I'd even watch The Benny Hill show - even if I was too young too watch it. (It was full of green jokes, so I'm not sure how I got away watching that show. Harhar.)

Among the more current crop of comedy shows from the UK, one of my favorites has to be "Little Britain." I got to watch it a lot when I was living in HKG, but now, I don't get to watch it that often. It's not available in any local channel, nor can I find it on cable.

Good thing there's youtube.



One of the great things about Little Britain is how they bring in big named stars to do cameos in their sketches. This one with Robbie Williams is just one. They also had Elton John and George Michael in other sketches. Same as Catherine Tate - the star of the other British comedy show that I love.

I wonder if they have British shows in St. Francis Square. There's a long weekend coming up, so it might be a good opportunity to catch up and get my fill of dry humour.

No comments: