Friday, May 25, 2012

Freaky Friday

We once again interrupt this week's edition of Friday Magic Madness for a story that's so freaky, it has to be told.

FREAKY BAD

I went to Dentsu to pick-up my check for the work I've been doing from them. After the Manong Guard handed over my check, I neatly folded the piece of paper he gave me, then inserted the check inside it. I also removed the paper clip and gave it back to Manong so he can reuse it.

After pushing the "down" button, I proceeded to wait for the elevator to arrive. It did, and the door opened. As I was going inside the elevator, the girl going outside bumped into me, and she hit my hand - the hand that was holding the piece of paper with the check.

And, in a split second, the check slipped out of the piece of paper and fell through the small crack in between the elevator doors. It felt like that scene was happening in slow motion, and the only thing that was running in my mind was - "This can't be happening to me! This only happens in bad, B-movies!"

But the truth is, it did happen. I was frozen for a few seconds as it hit me that my check was now lost in the elevator black hole. Never to be seen again.

Thank goodness Mona was at the office. She helped me file an affidavit of loss (Thanks, Mona! You're a lifesaver!) and I was able to give it Dentsu and the bank so they can issue a replacement check.

Despite that, all I can think of right now is: "Gosh! Did that just happen to me? Things as freaky as those don't happen in real life and to real people."

Yes, it happened to me. And yes, I still can't believe it!

FREAKY GOOD

With that incident fresh in my mind, I went to Trinoma to meet up with a co-professor and get some school papers.

And who did I see in Trinoma? Well, Joe Jonas was there, but I really don't care about him.

So, who did I see in Trinoma?

Allison Harvard and Dominique Reighard from America's Next Top Model! In the flesh!

They passed in front of me! Like, a few feet away! And yes, I'm using too many exclamation points! But hey! This is ANTM in front of me!

And that ends my Freaky Friday.

No comments: