Monday, January 30, 2012

School Fixture

Between the thesis defense, Obra Kulasa, arranging our Journalism class field trip and other advertising class activities, I've been in school practically everyday the past few weeks. This is such a departure from my old school schedule when I'd just be there on Saturday.

I've also adjusted my "look" whenever I go to school on weekdays. I've always been a t-shirt and jeans person, and I usually wear this to class on Saturdays. After all, no one from admin is in school on weekends, so I can get away with it. But since I often go to school on weekdays now, I have to dress up in a more "admin-friendly" way. Ergo, jeans give way to khaki slacks, my t-shirt is now hidden under a polo, and my sneakers temporarily sneak away in favor of decent looking shoes. After all, the chances of me running into the Dean, School President and other head honchos are bigger on weekdays.

And it looks like I'm not the only one who notices the change in attire and schedule.

When I dropped by the campus this morning, I ran into our college checker along the hallway. She looks at me with a perplexed expression, hesitates a bit, but eventually asks the question which must've been bugging her the last month:

"Sir, parang araw-araw ko na kayong nakikita sa school, at ang pormal niyo ngayon. Nasa Admin na ba kayo?"

Yup, when you're mistaken for someone from the School's administration team, it's a sign that you're in school just a wee bit too often. (And dressed up a wee bit too formal.)

No comments: