Thursday, January 12, 2012

Me & You is Mads & Lu

Whenever I organize a wedding, I'm so focused on making everything run like clockwork that I sometimes don't remember parts of what happened. There are portions which are a blur, and those portions usually happen when I'm running around. Much like a blur.

But during the wedding of Lu-Ann and Mads, I remembered everything clearly. Even if I was running around a lot. As Maricar said, I was "The Invisible Man" during the wedding because she would always remark: "Nawala na naman si Lester."

As the wedding progressed, I knew that it was going smoothly, that every detail was in place, every part of the plan was executed perfectly, and there was a lot of heart and emotion in the entire proceedings.

And when Lu-Ann showed me the link to her wedding day video, my observations above were confirmed. From the preparation to the ceremony to the reception, everything unfolded beautifully. And when Lu-Ann told me about the video, she said that it felt like my wedding, too, because I was in a lot of scenes. Both physically present, and by name. (You'll hear my name being mentioned and shrieked at certain parts.)


MADS+LU-ANN:SAME DAY EDIT from Franz Arrogante on Vimeo.


This is such a beautiful video, made even more beautiful by the song that was written by the couple's friends. Entitled "Ikaw at Ako," or "Me & You," it was the perfect backdrop for the proceedings last December 30. Because after everything is finished - after the ceremony is completed and the reception is done, after people finished talking about the event and guests traded all the pics that they took, after all the preparation and execution, the wedding is really about two people.

And that's what a wedding is all about.

No comments: