Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Out of the blue

En route to and from the MRT, I usually pass by New Farmer's Plaza. And really, there's really not much to see there. The only reason I stop by is for Salazar Bakery, and sometimes, Mr. Donut.

Today, I decided to go around the mall since they renovated some parts, and it actually looked decent. One area where I wandered off to was on the 2nd floor, and I saw this dress shop which was on sale. I decided to give it a whirl, and found this little blue gem of a dress among a whole bunch of blah frocks.



The photos don't show it, but the material of this dress is nice. It has this tweed texture that's very light.



While it looks deceptively simple, the dress had a couple of details that were thoughtfully added. One was a folded sleeve with a little button. The extended cap sleeve itself was also a nice touch.



Then, there's this odd, asymmetric detail on the neckline as well. And it adds visual interest to the dress.



Off hand, the dress looks like something that Roland Mouret would create. And who would've thought that something like this would appear in an out-of-the-blue place like Farmer's Plaza.

No comments: