Tuesday, October 23, 2007

That's Tough

For the 3rd straight day, I'm wearing my very loose, Tough acid-washed jeans. (It's SO loose, it was falling off when I wore it last Friday. Good thing I was able to find a ribbon in Elsie's cabinet and turned that into a makeshift belt.) I really, really love these jeans. The cut is straight and roomy, and the hem falls perfectly on the base of my shoes. The pockets are odd shaped yet spacious. The wash is very light but keeps the blue-ness of the denim. Plus, there are a lot of interesting cuts on the back. These jeans are just SOOO Tough.

It's one of the 4 pairs I bought last week when I had dinner at Tanya's place in Tung Chung. While waiting for her to pick me up, I meandered into the bauhaus store and pored through the neatly arranged racks. Among the lot, these were the ones that really popped out.



The thing I like about Tough jeans is that it's peppered with details that make it interesting. This is over and above the kind of denim they use which is already eye catching on its own. Aside from cutting their jeans differently, which makes them fall better on the body, they also hide some details that add so much texture and makes it look... uhm... Tough. Hahaha.

Like chains that are attached to denim.



Or Chinese silk juxtaposed with big, brass zippers.



Or twill integrated into the jean design. Along with a patch of suede on the inner thigh. This particular jean is another favorite of mine because the back has all these criss-crossed stitches that pull everything together. Making it one of those pairs that I have that look as nice from the back as it is from the front.



Eversince I discovered Tough Jeans in the 90s, I've fallen in love with the brand. Recently, I found out that they opened two stores in Manila - which is excellent news. But because it's already imported when it gets there, the price is a bit more expensive. (Social Sin, anyone?)

But what's a few more bucks if you're going to get Tough after.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aha! More social sin shopping for you!

Dazed and Confused said...

I beg to disagree! It's only a social sin if you buy it in Manila. When purchased in HK, it's just a regular sin... I guess. Hahaha.