Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Irritants and Elements

While I was in the CX lounge at the NAIA this morning, there was this fellow who was irritating everyone within his vicinity. In the hour and a half he was there, he kept on calling his friends and telling them that he was "at the business class lounge of Cathay Pacific." Personally, I found it amusing how he kept on interjecting that line in all of his conversations. Example:

"Good morning. Nasa house ka pa ba? Ako? Nandito ako sa business class lounge ng Cathay Pacific."
or
"Wala, nangungumusta lang. Kumusta ka na? Ako, ok lang. Naghihintay ng flight ko sa business class lounge ng Cathay Pacific."
or
"Ang aga ko nga dumating ng airport. Kanina pa nga ako dito sa business class lounge ng Cathay Pacific."

The lady sitting across me was amused and miffed at the same time. When he made his nth call, she mumbled: "Yes, we all know where you are..."

I was just too happy when they announced the flight was boarding and the guy hurried to the plane.

When I arrived in Hong Kong, I alighted at the Kowloon Station and was finally able to see the newest mall in the area - Elements! The mall is named as such because it's divided into 5 areas which represent the different Chinese elements such as wood, water, earth, fire and metal.

Based on HK standards, it's pretty huge in terms of floor area, but it's only 2 or 3 floors high. In terms of merchandise, they have the 2 fast fashion obsessions here - Zara and H&M. There's HMV, threesixty, and an area devoted to high end brands like LV, Versace, Gucci and their ilk.

On the whole, the mall is spacious, spanking new, and it has a lot of interesting "element" details. There are sculptured wooden sofas and metal installations. I particularly like the fountain near Zara and H&M. The best part is, there's a free shuttle bus that passes by my house and goes to the mall.

Looks like i'll be laying off IFC for a while. I think I've found my element.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A free bus to the mall. Talk about incentive. Not that you need one anyway.

I wish we also get a new mall. But it probably wouldn't be in Urasa.

Dazed and Confused said...

Well, at least you also have a free bus that goes to the mall. Remember, the IUJ bus brings you to JUSCO every weekend. That's pretty much like the deal we're getting here. Hehehe.