Monday, October 01, 2007

Getting into the holiday spirit

Today is a public holiday in Hong Kong, and it's one of the few holidays that I'm actually in Hong Kong. In fact, this is the first time to spend the holiday here this year. Normally, when a 3-day weekend comes around, I'd book a flight back to Manila and spend those 3 precious days there.

Initially, I was planning to go back to Manila. But I realized that I was just there 2 weeks ago and will likely be there again soon. So, even if most of my friends are in Bangkok, Ho Chi Min, and Manila, I've decided to stay put and spend the day lazing around and meandering aimlessly.

And lazed around I did. The only time I left the house today was when I had lunch and dinner. Other than that, I was at home playing handyman, changing light bulbs, fixing hinges, and trying to fix up the place to make it more presentable for Friday. I was also able to write an article, revise an invitation design and do some "administrative" work. It's not how a lot of people would spend their holidays, but then again, I'm not like a lot of people.

Another thing I was able to do today was start my Holiday shopping. After fixing my Christmas list this weekend, I found time today to go around Lane Crawford, Uniqlo and Maple to get gifts. I'm hoping that by shopping early, I'll avoid the "last minute gift panic" I experience every year. (And chances are, I'll still experience that.)

That alone has made today's holiday productive, albeit in a lazy kind of way.

No comments: