Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Childhood memories

Someone sent me these very old sketches from Sesame Street and The Electric Company.

The Sesame Street sketch features this caveman type character singing "Mahna, Mahna" with two "Prarie Dawn" looking characters. I remember watching this on the telly when I was a wee little boy and remember bobbing my head to it. Listening to it again, my head can't help but bob some more.



Electric Company had this "Menu song" that my classmates and I would sing when we were in high school. Even upto now I can still remember the phrases:

"you've got sandwiches?
we've got sandwiches!
what kind of sandwiches?
all kinds of sandwiches!
We've got ham sandwich
or a jam sandwich, like a lamb sandwich
or a clam sandwich...."

Of course, this features a very young Morgan Freeman who I'll always remember as the guy from The Electric Company!



Oh, this restaurant has "Gorilla Ice Cream." Now that's a flavor that you won't get in Lemoncello or even Yummy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nope... can't relate.