Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Early for a blackout

As scheduled, Britney Spears' new album hit the stores today. Without the usual fanfare that HMV is known for, "Blackout" hit the shelves to the delight of the pop princess' followers. And yes, that includes me. I've never been ashamed of my fascination with Britney, and since her 2nd album, "Oops I did it again," I've always gotten a copy of her CDs. (Originals, and not the bootlegged ones. She's totally worth the money. Harhar.)

And like "Oops I did it again," "Britney," "In the Zone," and "My Prerogative," I bought "Blackout" as early as today.



The critics are right about this album. It rocks! The tracks are all techno-infused dance tracks that make your dance muscles move involuntarily. "Gimme More" - a song that I've been hooked on for a month now - opens the selection, and the tracks just get better and better. This would make a great party staple if you ask me.



And yes, there is a special mention of our dear country in one of her songs. The 2nd track, "Piece of Me" talks about how the media obsesses on her, following her every move and chronicling her every fall from grace. In the first stanza of the song, she croons:

"Don't matter if I step in the scene,
Or sneak away to the Philippines,
they'll still take pictures of my derriere."


Nothing derogatory there, eh.



The songs are really cool, and she's still uber hot! And as it turns out, I'm not the only one waiting for the CD to be released. There was a good number of people - kids and adults alike - holding a CD by the time I got to the counter. Yup, she still has that magic despite her being tabloid fodder and despite that uninspired performance at VMA.

Now if only she could stage a concert here in Hong Kong, then everything would be perfect.

No comments: