Saturday, October 27, 2007

Dayuhan sa sariling bayan

My family and friends all know that I've got a soft spot for weird looking jeans. Whether it's an odd detail, or a far-out wash, or rips that go from top to bottom - these little things attract me to a pair and the stranger they look, the more likely i'll end up buying them. This has led a stylist-friend of mine to say that my taste in jeans isn't very Pinoy.

Today, I was wearing one of those strange jeans - a pair that my friends christened "The Kangaroo Jean" because it has a pouch looking thing in front and at the back. It's a pair that always gets a double take whenever I wear it. Sometimes, it even gets some strange remark or side comment - it'll either be about what I'm wearing, or it can be about me.

Like what happened today.

While walking along Greenbelt, I heard a pair of girls behind me talking. Their conversation went like this:

GIRL 1: Ang daming dayuhan sa atin ngayon, no?
GIRL 2: Oo nga, nakakatuwa nga silang panoorin. Iba kasi hitsura nila, tsaka yung damit nila.
GIRL 1: Gaya niyang nasa harap mo, astig ang pantalon, no?
GIRL 2: Alam mo naman ang mga Koreano, kakaiba manamit...

Hmmmm... now I'm a Korean. That's new. Harhar. Well at least I know that my stylist friend is right about my taste in clothes being dayuhan.

No comments: