Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sweet as Hanae

Sometimes, the most ordinary routines bring the most extraordinary of surprises.

Yesterday, I paid my electric bill at the CLP branch near Yau Ma Tei, and since Mongkok was just nearby, I thought of making a quick stop to see if there's anything new and interesting. There were only two stops planned: the kids clothes store and the vintage shop.

The trip to kiddie land wasn't very exciting. Nothing new or worth writing about. Just when I thought that the vintage shop would be similarly uneventful, imagine my surprise when this caught my eye.



An authentic, vintage Hanae Mori original! And in perfect condition at that! Hanae Mori was one of Tokyo's women pioneers in design - just like Coco Chanel. She was one of the first Japanese designers who carved a niche for herself in New York, and paved the way for other Japanese designers to make it internationally.

Since my sister is into vintage clothes these days, this Hanae Mori went straight from the rack to my bag. The dress has that Jackie O vibe to it, and that suits my sister's personality very well.

Finding a Hanae in the most unexpected places. Now that's sweet!

No comments: