Thursday, April 12, 2007

On Target

It's amazing what you can find in Hong Kong. Especially when you're not looking for anything. While I was walking on my way back from lunch this afternoon, I stepped in one of those small clothing stalls and found a dress with an interesting shape and pattern. The silhouette looks like it came from the Summer 2007 collections, and the fabric was this easy-on-the-eye-plaid-like-pattern.

When I picked it up from the rack and examined it closely, the label was a bit of a surprise.


It was an Target dress by Isaac Mizrahi. Yes I know, it's Target so it's really nothing to do cartwheels over, but hey, it's Isaac Mizrahi, and he's a really good designer and this dress is a fitting addition to my sisters' closets. My guess is that this dress is part of the S/S 07 offering of Target, and it'll hit the stores sometime in July. But since it was made in Hong Kong, the locals are getting it earlier - and probably for just 10% of the retail price in the U.S.


Good thing I wandered into that shop this afternoon. At least I hit a bullseye!

No comments: