Thursday, April 19, 2007

Here's something you don't hear everyday

Last night, I had dinner at Triple Os and it was the Veggie Burger on the menu. Ever since I was a kid, I'd often eat the lettuce and tomatoes first before digging into the actual sandwich, and true to that habit, that's what I did.

After finishing the vegetables and while eating the actual burger, I heard this voice from my right side saying:

"Would you like my tomato?"

Not entirely sure if I was the person being spoken to, I looked to my right and saw my seatmate was indeed looking at and talking to me. She asked again:

"Would you like my tomato?"

My mind must've been on dial-up that moment, or maybe I'm just not used to being offered fresh produce by complete strangers, but it took me a bit of time to react. And all the reaction she got out of me was a smile and a silent: "why?"

Then she explained:

"I just noticed that you like tomatoes a lot, and I don't eat tomatoes - I actually hate them. So I thought, maybe you'd like them. Do you?"

Overwhelmed by too much information, all I could say was:

"Sure..."

So I got more veggies than I bargained for last night. Aside from the ones that they ground and formed into the patty, I had four extra large slices of ripe, juicy tomatoes. It's not everyday that I have so much veggies in one meal. Then again, it's not everyday that some pretty, blonde and tomato-hating American stranger sitting beside me offers me her tomatoes.

Yup, that was a healthy - albeit surreal - dinner.

1 comment:

arniedelusong said...

Either that was pickup line you just ignored or she's just really hates tomatoes.