Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Today's bits of Funny Things

1. Another Funny Name

First, it was bottled water named "Wahaha." Now, I found this:


Yup, it's a chocolate bar named "Galak." It makes me wonder what is it with Chinese consumers and funny names. In any case, I wish they had this product in the Manila, and I wish I were the one doing advertising for it. I already have a slogan for it:

"Matutuwa ka sa... GALAK!"

(Sir Conrad will be so proud of me. Hahaha.)

2. The Case of the sleeping proofreader


Yup, someone was definitely sleeping on the job.

3. Race = Space

We were at the client's office holed up in a small conference room. There were 5 of us: me, an Aussie, an American, a Brit and a Swede. A few minutes later, the secretary comes in. She and my Brit colleague had this conversation:

SECRETARY: Would you like to transfer to the big conference room?
BRIT: I thought it was occupied...
SECRETARY: It is. But they can transfer here while you move there.
BRIT: Why? How many people are there now?
SECRETARY: Seven
BRIT: Then why should they transfer? There are only 5 of us and 7 of them?
SECRETARY: It's because you're 5 Westerners and they're 7 Chinese. Chinese people can easily fit in small spaces.

Hmmm... the girl does make sense, you know.

4. Dreams

I dreamt of my old colleague, Mike. Yup, he of the "Lester, come here and let me buy you a drink" and "Whattahum" fiasco. Just seeing him after so many years - albeit in a dream - is already a reason to laugh.

No comments: