Friday, January 19, 2007

Nice package

Peter knows how much i'm fascinated with funky packaging, that's why he surprised me with these little babies:


He came back from Thailand recently, and was aimlessly wandering around a supermarket when these caught his eye. They're a local brand of prickly heat powder and is one of the best sellers. I wouldn't be surprised because i'd buy it for the packaging alone.

It comes in a nice tin can with this retro-esque graphic of a snake. Even the fonts are SO old, they actually look new! At first glance, this product looks like it belongs to a small, neighbourhood dispensary during the mid-60s. I can even imagine an old, 70-ish bald man with thick spectacles and a long, white coat manning the dispensary and selling this to me.

Most of my friends say that a lot of the nice packaging come from Japan because they like to create these funky, modern looking shapes. But after recalling all the product packages that I like, my tastes gravitate more towards the classic, simple and vintage packs like white tin cans with minimum graphics.



I guess i'm just old fashioned that way.

No comments: