Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Christmas on hindsight

Over lunch yesterday, I received yet another belated Christmas gift! (Whoopee!)

It was a new pair of shoes from Zara! They're casual, trainer-style rubber shoes in blue. The nice thing about it is that the color actually changes with the light source. When viewed under a fluorescent light, it looks like it's Navy Blue. But when viewed under sunlight, it turns Teal. It's like getting two pairs of shoes! Hahaha. Thankfully, they fit me perfectly, and i'll probably give them a test run this week.

Getting this pair reminded me of another thing I would've wanted to get last Christmas: a new pair of black Chuck Taylors. My 2 Chucks (one in HK, one in Manila) are both ripped and about to give up. Ergo, a replacement is really long overdue. Whenever I wander into a Converse store in Manila, I always check out - but forget to buy - a new pair. Well, there's always the next trip home.

That's the thing with me and Christmas. Often, because i'm so engrossed with shopping for gifts for friends and family, I often don't think about what gift I want to get. Every year, friends and family ask me: "What do you want for Christmas?" and my usual answer would be: "Anything would be fine." After all, I prefer to give than to receive, so any gift I get makes me happy. Then, when the holiday smoke settles, I begin to think: "Hey, I should've asked for (insert item here) from (insert person here.)"

I've received a lot of cool gifts last Christmas, and that includes THE major, uber gift that really matters. On hindsight, though, a pair of black Chuck Taylors would be nice to get, too. Plus an iPod. And a new leather passport holder.

No comments: